12 March 2009

Finally in Sweden...

March 10-11, 2009

Today I have arrived. Not in the sense that I have become who I am to be, but literally in Sweden. I am here!

It has been a whirl wind over the previous 48 hours. Beginning with the arrival of a Passport, Patrick’s also arriving; booking plane tickets; packing; flying out or PDX to Seattle to Copenhagen, commuting via train to Vetlanda; and then meeting only for the second time, the program director Joel along with a handful of others who I will have the opportunity to experience life and the Lord with over the coming months.

This opportunity has been a wrestling match to establish some sort of control against the difficulties that have presented themselves. To note, this is where I feel the Lord has led and entering into this opportunity in the midst of uncertainty has only beckoned trust, and in trust, patience. The verity of not knowing when the opportunity to leave would present itself, I have had to examine how the hours and days present were passed advantageously in anticipation of the unknown hour that was coming…

It is in this that I have begun to ponder the days I now have in lieu of the reality of Christ’s coming. This summons the question, “Am I living today as if Christ could return at any hour?”

No comments:

Post a Comment